EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 1, 2021
At HITPS LLC d/b/a Haven Technologies (“Haven Technologies”), we believe that technology offers an improved solution to the typically time-consuming and confusing process of buying life insurance. Our goal is to pioneer an entirely new way that is easier, faster and just plain better.
We use the terms “we”, “our”, “us”, and similar to refer to Haven Technologies. We use the terms “you”, “your”, and similar terms to refer the visitors to Our Website.
Permissible Use of Materials
Our Website and its contents are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws of the United States. You can use Our Website for your non-commercial use only and may download or print a copy of the information contained on the website only for lawful, non-commercial use. Any copies of information from Our Website that you use for permissible purposes must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. Any other copying, republication, reproduction, or posting of graphics, text, or other content from the website is expressly prohibited without our prior written permission. You can request permission by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may not use our corporate name or any of our trademarks or service marks, or any variation of them, in a way that creates an impression of an affiliation, relationship or endorsement between us and any other party. Nothing on Our Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use our trademarks or service marks without our written permission.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information provided on Our Website is solely for general information purposes. We do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information to your own specific business needs. Any reliance on this information is strictly at your own risk.
No Legal or Tax Advice
The information provided on Our Website is not written or intended as specific tax or legal advice, and may not be relied on for purposes of avoiding any federal tax penalties. Haven Technologies, its employees and representatives, are not authorized to give tax or legal advice. You are encouraged to seek advice about your specific circumstances from your own financial, tax, or legal adviser before making any financial decision.
Intended for United States Residents Only
Our Website is provided for use only by persons located in the United States. Our Website may not be appropriate or available for use outside of the United States, and access from certain locations may be unlawful. Using or exporting the materials on Our Website in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations is prohibited. If you access Our Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws. By offering Our Website and information, products or services, via Our Website, no solicitation is made to any person to use Our Website or such information, products or services in jurisdictions where the provision of Our Website and such information, products or services is prohibited.
While we use reasonable precautions to protect confidential information on our systems and provide suitable security, we cannot guarantee that information transmitted through the Internet is secure, or that such transmissions will be free from delay, interruption, interception or error. We cannot guarantee or warrant that any part of Our Website, including any links to third party content, is free of viruses or other harmful code. It is your responsibility to take appropriate precautions, such as through the use of an anti-virus software package, to protect your computer hardware and software.
You may be able to access and browse Our Website and certain of their features through a compatible mobile device. In order to do so, you must have a wireless subscription with a participating carrier or have other network access. You are solely responsible for all service fees and charges from your carrier or network provider, as well as any necessary equipment or software requirements, associated with accessing Our Website and any of their interactive features through your mobile device.
Third Party Content
User Generated Content
In addition to the Our Website, we may use Haven Technologies branded social media pages, on sites such as Facebook and Twitter, to promote and share Haven Technologies events, developments and other news. Any content that you post on these social media pages will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By posting any content to our social media pages, you grant Haven Technologies the right to reproduce, distribute, or otherwise use any such material for any purpose. By posting any content to our social media pages, you represent that you own or control all rights in the content. Any content posted must comply with our content standards. We are not responsible and assume no liability for content displayed on any Haven Technologies branded social media pages that may be provided by another party.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Notice
We respect the copyright interests of others. It is our policy not to permit comments or other content posted by users of Our Website that is known by us to infringe another person’s copyright to remain on Our Website. If you believe that any comments or other content on Our Website infringes a copyright, you should provide us with written notice that, at a minimum contains:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the comments or other content that is claimed to be infringing, including information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material on Our Website;
- Contact information for the complaining party, including address, telephone number and, if available, email address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted work in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information in the notification is accurate and that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that is allegedly infringed.
All DMCA notices should be sent to our designated agent as follows: email@example.com.
It is our policy to terminate any online account of any user who infringes the copyrights of others.
You agree that you will not post any content on Our Website and social media pages that:
- is defamatory, abusive, obscene, profane or offensive;
- is inaccurate, false or misleading in any way;
- is off-topic, repetitive or constitutes spam posts;
- disparages or criticizes any person or entity;
- infringes or violates another person’s intellectual property rights;
- violates any person’s right of publicity or right of privacy;
- is threatening, harassing or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- is illegal or promotes any illegal activities; or
- contains any advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation.
We reserve the right to remove any posts or block any followers.
You agree that you will not:
- use spiders, robots, data mining techniques or other automated devices or programs to catalog, download or otherwise reproduce, store or distribute content available on Our Website;
- transmit any file that contains viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or any other destructive features, or that otherwise interferes with the proper working of Our Website; or
- attempt to decompile or reverse-engineer any of the software or other technology underlying Our Website or any of its interactive features.
The laws of the State of New York will govern the content and materials contained in Our Website, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties
All information presented through Our Website is furnished “as is” and “as available,” without any express or implied warranties of any kind, including without limitation, warranties of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of intellectual property. We do not represent or warrant that Our Website or its contents are error free, that defects will be corrected, and that Our Website is free of viruses or other harmful code.
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT MAY ARISE FROM YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, OUR WEBSITE OR ANY OF ITS CONTENT, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages. In such jurisdictions, our liability is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.